Later on down the page, I read Joy Bryant's response to Tyra making an official "Natural Real Hair Day." Based on Joy's comments, I sense a cat fight coming on..Anyways, regardless of the little side comments, I thought Joy's opinion was well stated and she did make me laugh.
Myself, personally used to relax my hair but I stopped doing that because it was causing more harm than good. I've never worn a weave but from time to time I do wear clip in extensions just for the length. Otherwise I just blow - dry and straighten my hair.
In my opinion weave or no weave whatever looks good and makes you personally feel the best about your appearance is the best choice for you! I just wish black girl hair wasn't such a big deal, isn't there more important things to worry about in the world such as famine, recessions and global warming...?I'd say far more important than whose wearing horse hair or going au naturale...Smh.
Scope Tyra's "Real Hair" segment on Larry K and a few excerpts from Joy's blog below.
For Joy's full blog go to http://blog.essence.com/bohemianrhapsody/
For Hip Hop News & Entertainment at DimeWars.Com
"See, I loooooove taking new hair out of the bag, combing through it with my fingers, holding it up with my two hands, and burying my face in it. Mmmm, mmmm, mmm! Nothing like a new batch of zig-zag curly to get your self esteem out of the dumps!The feeling of getting my hair, I mean, my weave done over. I feel human again. I feel sexy. I feel powerful. It makes me feel...it makes me feel...it makes feel like a natural woman!!! I can be whatever, whoever I want to be with the stroke of a sewing needle...With long brown tresses and a tan, I’m Pocahontas, 'cause I got Indian in my family.With easy waves, I AM bohemian rhapsody goddess personified. And now that I got blond highlights! What!? I know I look like Beyonce! You can’t tell me nothing! Uh oh, uh oh..."
- Joy Bryant
